Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 1: Starting the Teardown

Alright, right off the bat Imma say this. I'm not labeling this as literal days, these are just the days I work on the vehicles. Also, if you see any parts coming off the car you want; please contact me, we can probably work something out.

Okay first day! Today I just did a bunch of simple stuff, pulled the hood and some trim off. Got most of the exhaust unbolted and dropped down. Pulled part of the intake off... and that's about it, gonna wait for some fuses before I do much of anything else so I can check to make sure she still runs. (I shorted the battery out a few days ago in a freak accident, blew the main fuses. Hopefully didn't damage the electronics though.)


With the hood and grill removed. Pulled the hood off for ease of access, same for the grill.


You can see the exhaust laying on the floor here, I had to cut the bolts holding with a Dremel tool because they were rusted solid. No damage to the exhaust system itself though. Getting it out from under the car should be fun without any form of lift. I'm really beginning to wish I had a lift and it's only the first day.


You can see where I pulled the intake scoop off the filter here.

Not terrible much done today, but hey! It's progress, you gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment